Andhra Pradesh Government has new industrial policy, which encourage industrialists to come forward and put up industries in the City. With new industries, more jobs and reduces the unemployment in the city.
Every company and authorities related to the city needs to participate in the game. There should be seamless communication between the State Government, Local Bodies and the Citizens.
“One central authority (like, one IAS or one CEO of the city) should be there to look into all the issues and integrate it into one “
NTPC expansion – proposed 4000MW plant with a project cost of ₹ 24000 crore in an area of 1200 acres by National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) at Rambilli & Atchutapuram mandals.
China’s Trina Solar, in collaboration with Indian company Welspun Renewables, of Mumbai based Welspun Group, would be setting up a solar panel photovoltaic cells manufacturing plant in Atchutapuram SEZ with an investment of ₹ 3000 Crore and employment generation of around 3000 people.
22.06.2016 : The company has decided to revise its plans of setting up of the plant with a maximum capacity of 500,000 kiloliters per annum.
31.05.2016 : Asian Paints selects Jacobs Engineering to contract Vizag plant. Asian Paints Ltd (APL) has awarded contract to the US-based Jacobs Engineering Group Inc to contract its proposed ₹ 1,750-crore decorative paints plant in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. As per the contract, Jacobs Engineering will provide engineering services for a greenfield paints plant.
Asian paints is going to set up a manufacturing facility near Pudi village, Atchutapuram SEZ with a capital cost Rs. 1750 crores. The Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) is allotted 110 acres of land at Pudi village, Atchutapuram to Asian Paints for their manufacuturing facility. Asian Paints has already started work on soil investigation at the site of the proposed manufacturing facility, which is being setup with an investment of around ₹ 1,750 crore. The manufacturing facility will produce 4 lakh KL per annum of paints and is expected to be one of the biggest plants of Asian Paints in the country with direct employment generation of around 700 people. Asian Paints has already appointed agencies for soil investigation and started collecting data. Subsequently, they will have to obtain the terms of reference from the Union ministry of environment and forests,” an APIIC official said, adding that subsequently the company will have to go for environmental impact assessment (EIA) studies. He said it will take about one year for Asian Paints to obtain all approvals from the environment ministry before the construction work on the plant actually begins.
Texport Industries Private Limited is going to set up a textile manufacturing company in Brandix Atchutapuram SEZ with a capital cost of Rs. 101 crores and employment generation to the 2000 people, knitting mill & garmenting project. The Government of Andhra Pradesh has issued a GO on 11.01.2016.
16.11.2016 : Work is going on in full pace on the HPCL Visakh Refinery Modernisation Project to increase capacity from 8.33 to 15 million tonne per annum with bottom upgradation to produce BS VI fuels with an outlay of Rs 20,928 crore. The environmental clearance and consent to establish for the project have been received. Licensor selection and basis design and engineering packages are under progress.
24.08.2016 : HPCL board gives nod for Visakh Refinery expansion – The Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) board has given the go ahead for expansion of its Visakh Refinery in the city. The project envisages expansion of capacity from the current 8.33 mmtpa (million metric tonne per annum) to 15 mmtpa and is expected to bridge the product gap between the refining and marketing volumes of HPCL. According to HPCL, the project would involve a total capital cost of Rs 20,928 crore and would have bottom upgradation facility that will improve distillate yield on total refining capacity and thereby improve the GRM (gross refining margin). According to sources, the construction phase of the project is expected to take around 48 months.
State-owned Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) is looking to nearly double the capacity of its existing refinery at Malkapuram in Visakhapatnam with a total investment of Rs 17,000 crore. Under this expansion plan, it would increase capacity of Visakh Refinery to 15 million tons per annum (MPTA) from the existing 8.3 MPTA by the financial year 2019-20. The new investments will also go into residue up-gradation with slurry cracker besides helping the company produce products confirming to Euro V/VI emission norms. State-run HPCL has received the environmental clearance to expand its refinery at Visakhapatnam Smart City in Andhra Pradesh from 8.33 million tonne per annum to 15.0 MTPA. The Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC), under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, in its meeting held last month cleared the Rs 18,400 crore expansion plan.
Proposal for Electrical Transmission Line Tower (TLT) spare parts manufacturing company to be set up in Visakhapatnam in an area of 50 acres with a total capital cost Rs. 330 crores in a first phase which is to be completed in a period of 16 months. First phase capacity 1.2 lakhs tonnes per annum and in the second phase 1.8 lakhs per annum. This is a joint venture project of Vizag Steel Plant and Power grid corporation of India with 50:50 partnership and they are going to appoint a consultant for this project.
Ground-leveling work of the Kerneos India Technologies calcimum aluminate binder manufacturing facility is also underway Atchutapuram mandal. The plant, with an investment of Rs 120 crore, is spread over an area of 20.55 acres and will have a production capacity of 30,000 tonnes per annum of calcium aluminate binders in the first phase at Pudi village. The company had chosen the site due to easy access to two ports, Visakhapatnam and Gangavaram, and other advantages. They said the company was having 11 plants in the World and the Pudi plant would be the twelfth, the First in India. The plant, a highly automated one, would generate 100 jobs directly or indirectly.
Foundation stone laid for the permanent building of the office and laboratory complex of sub-office of Export Inspection Agency at green industrial park of APIIC at Gambheeram, Visakhapatnam.
German Testing and Certification major, TUV SUD, started its state of the art Seafood, Spices, and Commodities testing Lab on 04.11.2015.
20.08.2016 : Vizag to emerge as hub for medical devices: Naidu – Stone laid for medical devices park, the first of its kind in the country. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Friday said Visakhapatnam would become a hub for manufacturing medical devices by attracting 200 to 300 units with an investment of Rs. 25,000 crore to Rs. 30,000 crore to create 25,000 jobs. He was speaking after laying the foundation stone for Indias first medical devices manufacturing park at Nadupuru in the Peda Gantyada mandal near the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. Andhra Med Tech Zone Limited, a company floated by the government, will execute the project. (Source: The Hindu e-paper article published on August 20, 2016).
17.08.2016 : AP Transco to set up Asia’s largest industrial substation for the proposed Andhra Med Tech Zone (AMTZ) in Vizag Smart City. This Med Tech Zone, which exclusively houses manufacturing units of medical equipment and is said to be South Asia’s first dedicated medical devices manufacturing park is expected to draw very large volumes of electricity. The Park will comprise state-of-the-art facilicites such as specialized laboratories, warehousing and testing centre. The state government has earmarked about 226 acres for near Nadupuru vilage in Pedagantyada mandal for AMTZ and about 10 acres for was allocated to the Transco for this sub-station. (Source: Deccan Chronicle e-paper article published on August 17, 2016).
11.06.2016 : 204 acres allotted for Medtech Zone, Survey No. 176 at Nadupuru Village, Pedagantyada Mandal. Construction of boundary wall, electricity connection and other facilities will be provided soon said District Collector.
02.06.2016 : Andhra Med Tech Zone (AMTZ), a company established under government of Andhra Pradesh has finally received approval for funding by the state cabinet on 1st June, 2016 for setting up Asia’s first dedicated Medical Device Park at Visakhapatnam Smart City in an area of 226 acres. Andhra Pradesh Government has also issued appointment orders for Dr Jitendar Sharma, head of health technology department at National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) under the Union Health Ministry and Advisor – Health and Medical Technology to Government of Andhra Pradesh to be the chief executive officer for the AMTZ project. The park will provide modern state of art common facilities such as specialised laboratories, warehousing, testing centre apart from 100 to 150 independent manufacturing units, each in a built-in ready to use area of 0.5 to 1 acre each.
Govt of Andhra Pradesh has issued orders on 20.01.2016 for setting up a Medical Devices Technology Manufacturing Park. We have been importing 78% of devices from foreign countries for our needs till now, by setting up this plant our imports will be reduced and we also get the equipment for less price. The Govt also forms a committee in the name of special purpose vehicle and the committee will be headed by Govt Chief Secretary as Chairman, Medical Secretary as Vice Chairman and the members are Chief Secretaries of Industries, Finance, Municipal & Urban Administration, Drug Control DG, Adviser of health department and the Secretary of the Committee is Commissioner of Family Welfare Department.
27.04.2016 : Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt. Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Eisai Co. Ltd of Japan, has embarked on expansion of its Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) unit with an investment of Rs.40 crore. The company, which has its production unit at Jawaharlal Nehru Pharma City, Parawada near here, will increase its API plant capacity from 30 tonnes in 2009 to 100 tonnes by constructing another block and increasing the capacity of warehouse by year-end.
03.05.2016 : According to projections of Pharmexcil, North Andhra poised to emerge as a major destination. With no space for expansion at the Jawaharlal Nehru Pharma City (JNPC) developed by Ramky and State Government in PPP mode at Parawada, plans are afoot to set up second Pharma City between Atchutapuram and Nakkapalli in Visakhapatnam district.
31.05.2016 : Chinese solar photo-voltaic cell manufacturer Hareon Solar is planning to set up a facility to manufacture solar PV cells in association with the Dalmia Group. APIIC allotted 33 acres of land at Lalamkoduru in Rambilli mandal with an estimated project cost of ₹ 1188 crore and direct employment generation of around 1162 people and indirect employment to another 1500 people and also the company representatives had entered into an agreement with the Government. Govt of AP has issued a GO on 23.05.2016 regarding various incentives being offered to this industry.
Srinivasa Hatcheries is planning to set up a mega food park for processing egg, meat and horticulture products near Nakkappalli area in Visakhapatnam District. Egg powder, which has a huge demand abroad, is expected to be the focus area for the park.
14.06.2016 : Govt.of Andhra Pradesh has issued a GO No. 82 regarding allotment of 100 acres to Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Company at Krishnampalem Industrial Park, Rambilli Mandal in Visakhapatnam District, for setting up their Plant with a capital cost of Rs. 1375 crore, which will generate employment to approximately 3800 people.
04.06.2016 : Hindustan Coca-Cola Company is going to set up their unit at Rambilli mandal in Vizag Smart City, with an estimated project cost of Rs. 1375 crore in an area of 100 acres, which generates direct employment of around 3800 and indirect employment to another 4000 people. Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet has taken a decision to allot 100 acres to the company during the Cabinet meeting held on 1st June, 2016.
23.07.2016 : Foundation stone laid by Chief Minister, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu.
04.07.2016 : Pepsico Plant near Lalamkoduru Village, Rambilli Mandal in Visakhapatnam District. Govt.of Andhra Pradesh has allotted 10 acres of land, Non SEZ lands plot no. 30 to Pepsico near Lalamkoduru Village, Rambilli Mandal in Visakhapatnam District, for setting up their Plant with a capital cost of Rs. 100 crore, which will generate employment to approximately 600 people.
23.07.2016 : Foundation stone laid by Union Ministers, Mr. Kalraj Mishra, Mr.Venkaiah Naidu and Chief Minister, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu.
MSME Technology Centre at Pudi near Achyutapuram will come up with an estimated cost of Rs.110 crore, for which 20 acres have been allotted. This is a very big development to give a fillip to investments in the MSME sector. The Centre will be well-equipped for conducting quality checks as per accredited institutes like NBL and BIS with training facility in high-tech as well as traditional trades, material and products. It will have facilities for energy audit and environment management.
Visakhapatnam is an industrial city with many Central and State Government Organisations / Public sector undertakings, Public and Private Limited companies in and around the City.
- Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP) – Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) – Visakh Refinery
- Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam (NDV)
- Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT)
- Naval Armament Depot (NAD)
- Naval Science & Technological Laboratory (NSTL)
- Dredging Corporation of India (DCI)
- Simhadri Super Thermal Power Plant(STPP) – National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Vizag Thermal Power Plant (VTPP) – Hinduja National Power Corporation Limited (HNPCL)
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Ferro Scrap Nigam Limited (FSNL)
- MSTC Limited
- MMTC Limited
- Synergies Castings Limited
- World wide diamond manufacturing Pvt.Ltd.
- LID Jewellers
- Bettonville Diamond equipment p.Ltd
- Madras Knitwear Limited
- Coromandel Expo pack pvt.Ltd.
- L.V. Fingrade
- Kohima energy private limited
Brandix India Apparel City has the following 10 manufacturing units apart from three of its own units
- Quantum Clothing
- Ocean India
- Seeds Intimate Apparel
- Pioneer Elastics
- Shore to Shore
- Vardhman Yarns and Threads Limited
- International Trimmings and Labels
- Ribest Ribbons and Bows (India) Private Limited
- S&S Industries
- Screenline Printing
Jawaharlal Nehru Pharma City – Parawada
- Pharma Zell
- Glowchem Industries
- Vasudha Pharma
- Vishnu Chemicals
- Vivin Laboratories
- Acutus Pharma
- SMS Pharma
- Vegesna Laboratories
- Rakshit Drugs
- EISAI Pharmaceuticals
- Vijayasri organics
- Alkali Metals Limited
- Acacia Life Sciences Pvt.Ltd acquired by Biocon.
- Hospira Pharmaceutical
- Laurus Labs Pvt.ltd.
- Mylan Pharmaceutical
- Raks Phara Pvt.ltd.
- Smilax Laboratories.
- Simhadri Steels
- RANAR Agrochem Limited
- Tirupati Fuels Pvt.Ltd.
- Beekay Steel Industries Limited
- Sahuwala High Pressure Cylinders Pvt.Ltd.
- Simhadri Industries
- Beekay Steel industries Ltd.
- Kavya Roofing Industries
- Sairam Industries
- Nirmala Industries
- Santhosh Engineering Works
- National Engineering Projects and Constructors (NEPCON)
- Sapthagiri Food Products
- Asopa Foods Private Limited
- Flash Forge
- Fibre Gripps
- Sree Paints
- PRC plastics
- Sai Polymers
- Triton Paints
- Lalitha Metals
- Metro Polymers
- Jami Hydraulics
- Rohan Industries
- Visakha Wire House
- Boyapati Industries
- Chamundi Industries
- DS Engineering works
- Seera Metal Products
- Asian Rubber Products
- Panchajanya Electrodes
- Madras Hardtools Pvt.Ltd
- Indian Rubber Industries
- SE gases private limited
- Hari Chandana Engineering
- Hanuman Engineering works
- Inox Air products limited
- Raghavendra Rubber products
- Naidu Rubber and Gasket products
- Vizag Poly packaging industries
- Sri Vigneswara Steel industries
- Puravi Electrodes pvt.ltd.
- Pressweld Equipments pvt.ltd.
- Genius filters and systems pvt.ltd.
- Pujitha packing products pvt.ltd.
- The godavari gas company pvt.ltd.
- Visakha conveyor systems pvt.ltd.
- Visakha Steel gears and spares pvt.ltd.
- Sree Mahalakshmi earth movers pvt.ltd.
- Vijaya Switchgear controls.
- Lotus Wireless Technologies India Pvt.Ltd.
- Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Divis Laboratories Ltd.
- Hetero Drugs Limited
- Krebs Bio-Chemicals
- Essar Steel
- Sri Vijaya Visakha Milk Producers Co.Ltd (Visakha Dairy)
- Rain Calcining Limited
- Brandix India Apparel City
- LG Polymers India Pvt.Ltd.
- East India Petroleum Limited
- Coromandel International Limited
- Andhra Cements
- Andhra Ferroalloys,
- Andhra Petrochemicals Limited
- Vizag Seaport Limited
- Alufluoride Limited
- Vijay Nirman Company Pvt.Ltd.
- Hindustan Coco-Cola Beverages Pvt.Ltd.
- Sarda Metals & Alloys Ltd.,
- A.V. Bhanoji Row
- Ahmed S. Moloobhoy & Sons Pvt. Ltd
- American President Lines Ltd.
- Amma Shipping Agency
- Anand Transport
- APL India (P) Ltd.
- Apurbo & Co.
- Arya Offshore Services Pvt.Ltd.
- Asreen Engineering Works
- Assocaited Electric & Marine Products
- Atlantic Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- B. Nagaraju & Co.
- B.K. Lifting Tackles Mfrs. (P) Ltd.
- Balailal Mookarjee & Co. (P) Ltd.
- Balaji Marine & Civil Engg. Works
- Balaji Mookerjee House
- Bharat Marine Corporation
- Binny Limited
- Bothra Shipping Services
- Brothers Refrigeration (P) Ltd.
- Butterworth Shipping & General Trading Pvt. Ltd.
- Chow Gule Brother
- Coastal Overseas
- Coastal Trawlers Ltd.
- Compass Shipping & Trading Pvt. Ltd.
- Continental Transport Agency
- Coromandel Shipping Agencies Pvt. Ltd.
- D.S. Narayana & Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Delta Oceanic Services Pvt.Ltd.
- Docking & Engg. Co. (VSP) Pvt.Ltd.
- E. Krishna Rao
- E.C. Bose & Co. (VSP) Pvt. Ltd.
- East Coast Marine Engineering
- Essar Shipping Ltd.
- Essemm Intraport Services (P) ltd.
- Everett (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Excel Enterprises
- Fair Max Shipping & Transport
- Five Stars Shipping Company Pvt. Ltd.
- G.R. Enterprises
- Garuda Pattabhiramaiah & Co.
- Gordon Woodroffe Ltd.
- Gurudana Carriers & Shipping Ltd
- H.K. Benerjee & Co.
- H.V. Manufacturing AGencies
- Hari Sri Krishna Engg. Works
- Howrah Friends Electric Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- India Docking Engg. Works
- Indo Marine
- International Shipping Corporation
- J.M. Baxi & Co.
- J.P. Engineer
- Jayalakshmi Sea Foods Pvt.Ltd.
- Jayalakshmi Traders
- K. Ramabrahman & Sons Pvt. Ltd.
- K.G.R. Exports
- Karamchand Tharpar & Bros (C.S.) Ltd.
- Khushi Ram & Co.
- Lalitha Sea Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Larive & Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Leemuirhead Ltd.
- Links Cargo Agencies Pvt. Ltd.
- Links Founta Plaza
- Marine Aids ‘N’ Appliances
- Marine Corporation of India
- Marine Electronics & Electrical Services
- Maurti Transports
- Merilyn Shipping & Transports
- MGM Anand Transports
- Monship Agency Services
- Ms. Coastal Trawlers
- Navabharat Ferro Alloys Ltd.
- Navbharat Corporation
- Neekanti Sea Food Limited
- Nilachal Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- North East Shipping Company
- Oceanic Enterprises
- Orissa Stevedores (P) Ltd.
- OSPL Pvt. Ltd.
- P.V. Ramana Murthy Sons
- Pace Sea Foods
- Parekh Marine Agencies Pvt. Ltd.
- Patel Engineering Works
- PBL Transport Corporation (P) ltd.
- Peters & Prasad Associates
- Prathyusha Associates
- R.E. Shipping
- Radha International Agencies
- Raghavendra Shipping Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Ramesh Chandra & Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Rao & Reddy
- Reddy Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- Ripley & Company Limited
- Roy & Chatterjee (P) Ltd
- S.F. Marine & Industrial Stores
- S.G. Sambandan & Co.
- S.K. Chakravarthi & Co.
- S.K. Sarawagi & Co. (P) Ltd.
- Sai Shipping Agencies
- Sanco Trans Ltd.
- Sandhya Marines Ltd.
- Santosh Enterprises
- Sarat Chatterjee & Co. (VSP) Pvt. Ltd.
- Sareen Engineering Works
- Saroja Steel Syndicate
- Satyanarayana Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Sea Traders Pvt. Ltd.
- Sealand Service Inc.
- Seaways Shipping Services Pvt.Ltd.
- SGS India Limited
- Shaw Wallace & Company Ltd.
- Shree Krishna Shipping Corporation
- South Indian Corporation (Agencies) Ltd.
- Southern Air Conditioning Marine Service
- Sravan Shipping Services
- Sree Sai Kiran Marine & Engineering works
- Sri Krishna Shipping Corporation
- Sri Lakshmi Engineers & Fabricators
- Sri Sai Shopping Agencies
- Sri Shirdi Sai Shipping Services
- Sri Sudha Marine
- Sri Valli Shipping & Transport
- Sri Sai Shipping Agencies
- Srinivasa Transports
- Srivalli Shipping & Transport
- Suvarna Rekha Marines Pvt. Ltd.
- Syamala Shipping Services
- The Calcutta Shipping & Marine Engineering Co. (P) Ltd.
- The South Indian Export Co., Pvt. Ltd.
- Trans World Shipping Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Universal Cargo Inspection Agencies
- Ushodaya Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- V. Dhana Reddy & Co.
- V. Venkateswara Rao & Co.
- Varun Sai Shipping & Cargo Agency
- Venu Shipping Agency
- Victory Marine Base Ltd.
- Villavarayar Sons
- Vilsons Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- Visakha Ship Repairing Works Pvt. Ltd.
- Vizag Marine Consultants
- Vizag Mercantile Agency
- Yeduguri Seafoods Ltd.
- BOTHRA SHIPPING SERVICES PVT LTD
- Continental Warehousing Corporation Ltd
- Coromandel Shipping Agencies Pvt Ltd
- Duraflex Services & Construction
- Esskay Shipping Services Private Limited
- Eersun Marine Trade Private Limited
- G.Pattabhi Ramayya Shipping Private Limited
- Gangi Reddy Shipping
- GRAND TRADING & LOGISTICS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
- INTEGRAL TRADING & LOGISTICS
- J.M. Baxi & Co.
- JYOTHI SHIPPING AGENCIES
- K. R. & Sons Pvt. Ltd
- KAAMAKSHI SHIPPING
- KAANHA SHIPPING Pvt. Ltd.
- LOTUS MARINE SERVICES PVT LTD
- NAVSHIP MARINE SERVICES PVT LTD
- Orissa Stevedores Ltd.
- ORISONS OVERSEAS PVT LTD
- Poseidon Logistics Pvt. Limited.
- Prathyusha Associates
- PUY VAST MARITIME INDIA PRIVATE LTD
- Reddy Shipping Services P. Ltd.
- Reliable Stevedores Private Limited
- Roy & Chatterjee Pvt Ltd
- S.G.Sambandan & Co.
- S.K.Sarawagi & Co. Pvt. Ltd
- STREAK SHIPPING